Followers

27 December 2011

A Christmas Finish

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I was actually pretty sick two days before Christmas but on Christmas day, I was feeling well enough to stitch. I'm happy to announce that I have a Christmas finish which unfortunately has nothing to do with Christmas.
Design: Little House Neighborhood
Designer: Little House Needleworks
Fabric: 28 count Picture This Plus Legacy Cashel linen
Fibers: Hand Dyed Fibers silk
Embellishments: JABC Buttons
This was a SAL with the Little House Neighborhood SAL which started in 2008. Boy, have I been behind.
As per my usual habit, I've made quite a number of changes to this design. Can you spot the differences?
Let's take a closer look.
As you can see, I've substituted a few motifs for JABC buttons. Don't you just love the kitty cat?
I opted for a dog and a watering can in place of the squirrel and rooster.
The white star on the house has been replaced with a button too.
My favourite part which coincidentally is right smack in the middle of the entire design.
The wool on the sheeps is stitched with silk chenille. Love how real it makes it look.
Last but not least, I think these hearts are perfect companions for the words.
Stitching the border nearly killed me. I'm no fan of repetitive, boring borders. I was beyond relief when the last stitches were finally put in.
I'm hoping to have one more finish before the year is up. Wish me luck!
Happy Stitching!

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks Beautiful Veronica. I Like how u put buttons on it and the patterns to it.

Freddysmama (Kirstin) said...

I love it Veronica. I'm going to have to add it to my wish list! The buttons are a lovely touch. I think my favorite piece would have to be the sheep :)

Shelley said...

Your finish is beautiful!! Love what you did with the buttons.

Hope you are feeling better soon. I too am very ill with sinus & ear infections and sore throat along with a fever, ugh...

butterfly said...

Beautiful stitching Veronica, Love the chart .
Sorry you were ill over Christmas ,hope you are better now.

Kate said...

Beautiful stitching. I love how you have personalized it.

Mouse said...

awww sorry to hear you've been poorly ... but well done babes on the finish and just love the addition of the buttons to this one :)looks absolutely fabulous :) looking forward to your next finish :0 and wishing you a very merry stitchy new year :) love mouse xxxx

Sari (saristitching) said...

It is really really nice! What a great idea to put those buttons on it. I love those cat buttons :)

Kaisievic said...

A beautiful finish, Veronica. The buttons really embellish it.

Hugs, Kaye xoxox

Unknown said...

It is just beautiful! I love how you personalized it also! Very nicely stitched!!!

Hazel said...

It is stunning! I love it and the changes you made. Perfect. X

Ellen said...

Gorgeous! Love all those buttons!

Hugs,

Margaret said...

Lovely finish! Such cute buttons too! Sorry you were sick around Christmas. Such a bummer! Hope you have a wonderful New Year.

Carol said...

Oh, it looks fabulous, Veronica!! Love the little buttons and the fluffy sheep add so much to the piece--congratulations on a wonderful finish!!

Birdie said...

WOW it looks amazing. I love all of your changes. Congratulations.

hugs
-missy-

Lynn said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Your Christmas finish is truly amazing! I love all your substitutions.

Christine S said...

Great finish, Veronica!!

Catherine said...

What a great finish! Love how you put on the buttons, but I'd have to say my favorite part is the sheep!!

Shelleen said...

Congrats on the beautiful finish.

Joysze said...

This is darling, Veronica. I feel your pain about repetitive borders.

How's the last finish of the year going?

Siobhán said...

Congratulaitons on the finish, Veronica! It's fantastic! I love the changes that you made.

Teresa S. said...

Beautiful stitching, Veronica! And I love the buttons-they look adorable!

natalysneedle said...

Beautiful finish! I love all of the accent buttons.

Melissa said...

Congrats on the finish! I love all the buttons you used.

Pumpkin said...

Oh Veronica, it looks FANTASTIC! I just LOVE the changes you made. I think my favorite part are the sheep :o)

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and all the best in the New Year!

Unknown said...

fantastic this job....very beautiful...
Happy New Year
Pat

Giovanna said...

Well done Veronica, it's a wonderful finish! I hope you are better now.

Anne said...

Congrats on your finish Veronica!! It's so lovely!!

Sorry about the belated commenting...but here's a Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!

Meari said...

Wow, what a great finish!

Sue said...

I LOVE this piece! You did a beautiful job on it, as always!

Jennifer M. said...

I love your changes! What a great idea to use buttons for some of the motifs. I love how you made the sheep fuzzy too. Very creative. :)

Jen