Followers

19 September 2011

My First IHSW

So I finally caved and joined in September's IHSW. However, before I showed you what I've been up to this past weekend, here's Part 3 of iStitch Mystery SAL as promised.
Anyway, last weekend was a long weekend for me as Friday (16 September) was Malaysia Day. Unfortunately, I didn't stitch as much as one would expect. I've yet to put in a single stitch on Garden Verses for the Mirabilia SAL. I hope to rectify that soon.
I worked on Romantique Sampler instead. This time round, Angie has sent three parts rather than of her usual two. I managed to complete two parts so far.
Part 18:
Part 19:
I'm now working on Part 20. Once I get that done, I'll move on to Garden Verses. Luckily, I took Monday and Tuesday off too (Yeah, it's a very long weekend for me :P Five days!). I guess I had overestimated my stitching speed when I allocated five days for Romantique Sampler on my stitching schedule. Then again, that's supposed to act only as guidelines, right? ^.^
On Saturday, Carol sent out Part 4 of her Mystery SAL. It's small so it was done in no time at all.
I hope you've all had a great weekend. Happy Stitching!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is going to look beautiful my love. I can't wait to see the completed vision that we call a stitch =D.

Hannah - City Stitcher said...

I'm rather jealous of your 5 day weekend! but after this week, i'm on holiday for 2 weeks so I can't complain too much :)

Your stitching looks great, glad you had a good weekend.

Hannah x

wendy111 said...

Very nice stitching. Love your Romantique sampler

Anonymous said...

hi, i discovered your blog via another blog, Butterfly Wings - your sewing is beautiful! i'm also from the same part of the world, but really an amateur, so i'm embarrassed to leave a link to my blog. could you tell me where you buy your linen? dand your patterns? here in SEAsia, or abroad? - thank you!

Anne said...

I think you made great progress on both pieces! They are coming along beautifully. Enjoy your long weekend!!

valerie said...

Great progress on your IHSW! 5 day weekend...I'm so jealous!

Joysze said...

Glad you succumbed. ;) Romantique looks stunning, as always. Mystery looks great too... man, a 5 day weekend... I need me one of those. ;)

Sara said...

I wouldn't mind having a 5 day weekend too, and especially a 5 day IHSW, that should be amazing eheh... And what lovely projects you have I , think Romantic sampler is gorgeous and looks so delicate and great progress on the Mystery SAL :)

Tama said...

Congratulations on both your beautiful progress and your first IHSW!

Birdie said...

Beautiful progress.

Carol said...

Looks like your first IHSW was a success, Veronica--love the progress on your SAL and your sampler :)

Meari said...

Beautiful stitching, Veronica. Happy Belated Malaysia Day. How is the holiday typically celebrated?

OctoberLace said...

This was my first visit to your blog, and I love the pieces you've chosen to stitch and your cards as well. Thanks for visiting mine, and I'll be watching your blog in the future. Theresa

Lissanne said...

Love your pieces, and your Romantique Sampler is so gorgeous! Love the colors in it.

Giovanna said...

Love your progress on both pieces!

Pumpkin said...

I'd say you made great use of your time off ;o) I love both these projects and enjoy watching your progress.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Those are two lovely stitch alongs you're working on.