Followers

02 September 2008

Ice Cream!

Once again, I'll start off this entry with another block of Sweet Threats. Yummy, yummy 'Ice Cream'.

Two more blocks to go! Being in a SAL really helps motivate me into stitching one block per week. Jessie, how are you getting on with yours? Carol, have you gotten yours frame yet? How are you feeling? How is your knee?
This past Sunday, 31st August, was Malaysia's 51st National Day. (Happy Independance Day to all Malaysians!) Thus, Monday was a substitute public holiday. One more day to stitch. Yay! So I started something else...

Design: Spot of Spring
Designer: The Drawn Thread
Fabric: 32 count Cream Italian Linen
Fibers: DMC
I know, I know, I shoulda work on my many and ever growing WiPs but at least I finished it ^.^ I consider it a happy dance of sorts even though I still have Summer, Autumn and Winter to go.
Speaking of WiPs, I've joined the Me, Myself and I Round Robins. What am I getting myself into?!
Anyway, I'm sure most of you would have heard about it by now. If not, it is basically a Neighbourhood RR with a twist. Rather than being passed around among a group of stitchers like a round robin usually is, it will instead all be designed and stitched by you yourself. Consider it an SAL of sorts. As of Vonna's last count, there are now (Dang!) 72 of us. Construction of your neighbourhood won't actually begin until 31 December 2008. So... (taken directly from the blog) there is still plenty of time to get your permits, blueprints and waivers needed to begin construction on your neighborhood. Come join us if you're interested but be quick for there are limited spots left.
I am constantly amazed by the generosity of the stitching community. Remember Dixie? who sold me Just Nan's Patience whom I now call my friend? She saw that I had High Hopes by Just Nan on my wish list. She had just finished stitching it and instead of listing it on Ebay like she had intended, she took it upon herself to become my wish fairy and sent the chart to me...

...along with a pretty hardanger chart/card. I've never tried hardanger before but this is the perfect pattern to practice with. I have no idea how to express my gratitue, Dixie, except to say a heartfelt Thank You!
I also received a USD10 Gift Certificate from A Charming Place all because I mentioned them on my blog. Wow! I'm speechless. Thank you, Hayley. Just for the record, I'm not affiliated. Just a satisfied customer.
More things to be thankful for...(You've probably already deduced that this is gonna be a very long post, no?) Look what arrived in the mail today:

It's a LHN mail art from Joanne (no blog) in Malaysia too. She's my partner for the Mail Art Friends LHN Mail Art Exchange. Isn't her stitching pretty? Here's the back:

And here's a picture of the fabric she used to lined the inside and some stash she sent me:

Feeling envious, anyone? I know I would be if I saw this on anyone elses' blog. I'm ashamed to admit that I'm late sending my LHN mail art to her. A first for me. I got it all ready but... I can't very well send it empty, can I? The postman still doesn't want to bring her present to me so I can pass it along to her >.<>Little House Needleworks Silk Threadpacks?

I think I'm in love!
Lillie honoured me with another blog award.

This time I won't nominate anyone. There are too many blogs out there that I love. If I have left a comment on your blog before, you know that I love it. If I haven't, it's probably because I've yet to discover your blog or didn't have time to do so (which I'm profoundly sorry). Just leave a comment and I'll be sure to drop by.
To Jean who asked me to recommend some nice evenweave fabric two posts ago, (sorry I neglected to answer you last post) I've only used Zweigart's Lugana and Wichelt's Jobelan so I doubt I'm the right party to ask about evenweaves. I mostly use Linen nowadays. However, I find jobelan a pleasure to stitch on as the floss goes smoothly through and thus doesn't fray much. Hope that limited information helps?
And to everyone that complimented me on my stitching, Thank You! *Blush*
Stash-wise, I don't have much to show this week except for the fact that...

I seemed to have gone a little completely overboard with charm packs purchases from Deb. I guess now is the time to try out all the pretty finishings ideas, eh?

14 comments:

Shari said...

beautiful blog entry! I love watching your progress on the sweet treats!! How appropriate that I saw the ice cream finish, as I sat here eating a small bowl of ice cream. I MUST get these patterns!!!! They are simply adorable!!!
The mail art you received is adorable...love it!!!
Thanks for sharing your lovely work!

Lillie said...

Lovely MA from Joanne.
Oh! I just loved the new LHN chart.Coming out in Sept right?

Hearty Bakes said...

Hi Veronica!
wow...beautiful and yummy ice-cream! Seeing your progress certainly inspires me to move along too :)
I have completed 'Tart' and moving on to íce-cream''. I probably update mine when im done with íce-cream'. Happy SAL ya!
Very nice charm packs u rought! Those florals look very pretty indeed for great finishing. Looking forward to see how you gonna use them.

Dovilė said...

Hi, very nice and sweet ice-cream:)
pretty gifts, charm packs.

Sherry said...

I wanted to say that I've enjoyed all of your work. It is beautiful. You are a very talented stitcher. I have two questions about older posts that I hope you can answer....one is about the Fall, Spring, Winter, Summer Cat piece you are doing. Are the patterns by one designer? Who is it? Same questions but about the chair RR that showed a scene for Fall, Spring, Winter and Summer. They are beautiful pieces. I wouldn't mind trying to do one of these myself the chair one especially. Thank you for any help you can give with my questions.

Anonymous said...

Hey, girlfriend! Love your progress so far. Check out my blog - I updated it today. BTW, I just now joined the Me, Myself and I Round Robin too! I have my ideas and I'm rarin' to go!

Anonymous said...

I really love this CCN Sweet Treats. Lovely stitching.
DT Spot of spring is lovely, congrats on your partial HD. I'm sure you can complete all 4 soon.
Nice gifts from your friends.
Love the fabbies especially the top left one. Can't wait to see your finish.

Sally said...

Sweet Treats is coming along so well and I love Spot of Spring. Seeing yours makes me want to start mine but I can't just yet!

Lovely mailart and how nice of Dixie to send you the Just Nan charts.

Stitchingranny said...

Another pretty treat with the Ice Cream.

Oh it is so nice to see Spot of Spring stitched. I have the 4 season spots in my too do pile but had not realised just how pretty they were - I do hope mine will turn out as nice as your Veronica.

Anonymous said...

Hi Veronica, just thought I would leave a comment after looking at all your beautiful stitching. You have done some fantastic work. Also thanks for the lovely comment on my blog :)

Lucy said...

Hi Veronica...saw your comment on another blog and thought I would stop over and visit. You do beautiful work...I'll be checking back for sure!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congrats on your finishes!

Anonymous said...

love your entry today and you have convinced me to try this neighbourhood thing out.. i wasnt going to do it because of other things on the go but as it dont start until dec 31st well i should most of my stuff done then lol.. love all your treasures you have accumalted.. and the gifts that you have recieved .. great blog.. thnks for the info..

Sue said...

Beautiful stitching, and blog!