Followers

04 August 2008

F&S Exchange, RR, SAL, Stash!

To make up for not making an actual stitching post for more than half a month, be forewarned that this post will be a long one with tons of pictures. And now without any further delay, here goes...
My squares for my first Fair and Square Exchange to Michele W. arrived more than a week ago. I just didn't have the time to post until now. This is what I stitched for her:

Design: Heart and Home
Designer: Diane Williams
Fabric: 32 count Natural Italian Linen
Fibers: DMC
I've been reading her blog for quite some time now and knew that she loves sunflowers and LHN designs. Well, truth be told, this isn't exactly a LHN design but as I told her, it's designed by Diane Williams, so it pretty much qualifies ^.^ It was originally published in Leisure Arts' Joy In The Journey leaflet but sadly, it's now out of print. So how did I get my hands on this design then? Especially since it's not until recently that I fell in love with LHN. Well, my dear stitching friends, the good news is, this design along with most if not all of the other designs in the leaflet can be downloaded from the Leisure Arts Library for a small price. Isn't it neat? :D Here are both of my squares together.

Fair & Square Round #8 Exchange for Michele W.
I also remember telling you that I've been busy stitching on Renée's RR. Finally, I can now show you the result after three weeks working hard on it.

Design: Winter Cat
Designer: Sudberry House (Donna Vermillion)
Fabric: 28 count White Zweigart evenweave
Fibers: DMC
So what took me so long? Besides the fact that it is a rather large square (which I don't mind) with a lot of colour changes and quite a bit of back stitches (which I'm okay with), what really gets to me is the fractional stitches. Let's just say that fractional stitches are not my forté >.<

Renée's Four Seasons Cats RR
Looking at it... what can I say? I'm very satisfied :)
According to the title, two down, two more to go... On to the SAL, I first noticed Carol stitching Sweet Threats. As it is on my to-do list and I've already had it kitted up, I asked her if she would like to join me in a SAL. Knowing myself, having a stitching partner would go a long way towards helping me finish this a lot sooner. Carol graciously agreed to stitch along with me. Then, Jessie mentioned on the LHN Yahoo Group that she has just started hers so I invited her to join in too. Thus, our 3 members informal SAL is formed. We've agreed to update at least once per week so here's mine (better late than never, right?)

Anyone else who's interested in stitching this, you're cordially invited to join us. After all, as Carol said, the more the merrier.
The rest of my Sweet Threats thread packs arrived today too, just in time for me to continue on to the next block. Talk about perfect timing.

Just like the last item in my title suggests, for the past week or so, stash has been arriving in my mailbox at a pretty frequent basis.

My first Shepherd's Bush design - She Tends with charms and the recommended floss and fabric from Drema of Needlecraft Corner. I love that she kits it up at a discounted price. Huge savings, less trouble and great customer service. What more could a girl ask for?

Just Nan's Lady Scarlet's Journey I, II and III. Drema specially ordered these for me. So pretty... my hands are itching to start stitching >.<

Hi! My name is Veronica and I'm a LHN-aholic. Need I say more? Seriously, I didn't realize that most of the charts I've purchased are LHN designs until I had them lined up like this. The chart I'm most excited about however, is the one in the top row center - Little House Neighbourhood. Finally, the chart has arrived! Now if only the floss (I'll be using Vikki Clayton's silks) and the fabby will arrive soon, then I can start. I've got a lot of catching up to do on the SAL. The other items in the picture includes a Star De-Tailor which I can't wait to try and materials for various other projects I have in mind.

A variety of linens and charms from A Charming Place for various projects.
Hmm... I think I might be missing one or two pictures of other charts I've purchased. Oh well, I think you've had enough of my stash for today. I know some of you are probably sick of looking at stash pictures but I'm so excited I just gotta share.
'Til next time, Happy Stitching!

19 comments:

Renee said...

You did a great job on your square! Thanks Veronica! :)

Chris said...

Your stitching looks great.
Can't wait to see the cats in person.

Mel in Dubai said...

Lovely stitching, Veronica :)

I'm also going to use Vikki Clayton's silk conversion for Little House Neighbourhood. They arrived yesterday and I'm so looking forward to using them. I'm just waiting on the chart to arrive now :)

Jan said...

Love the heart and thanks for the tip about Leisure Arts. I'll be visiting them! :-)

Irene said...

Great stitching. Love the cats.

Anonymous said...

Very nice job on the stitching, Veronica!! And I love looking at new stash and you most certainly have a great haul this month!

stitcherw said...

Your square looks wonderful, and the Cat RR square is beautiful as well. As to all your lovely stash, I'm drooling on my keyboard. What a bunch of awesome goodies you got.
Sue

Shari said...

the stitching is beautiful! Wow, you did great.
And all the new stash! Does it feel like Christmas?!!?! Love all your new stuff!!!
thanks for visiting my blog!!! :>)

Hearty Bakes said...

wow...lotsa beautiful wip's and stitching there! And not forgetting, whole lots of stash that i enjoy browsing and drooling at. Is it bonus month? ha..
Very pretty square! RR is so beautiful as well.
I'm waiting for my sweet treats, looking forward to share my progress too. Happy SAL!

Charlene said...

Your square look great for the RR, Vero. Love your fair and Square Exchange as well. Envy to see all your stash. Thanks for sharing and can't wait to see your next installment.

Carla said...

Hi Veronica..thanks for visting my blog :)
The LHN squares you stitched are lovely!! Great start on Sweet Treats!

Sally said...

Wow you have been stitching up a storm Veronica and it all looks wonderful!

Fantastic new stash too! It's always good to get stash isn't it!

Elizabeth Braun said...

I post a lot of stash pictures too, don't apologise for them! I have one coming up for tomorrow's post....

I esp like the 'heart and home' design. I think it's the fabrics you use that make your interpretation of these designs look so special.=)

Anonymous said...

Lovely stitching Veronica. I'm really drooling over your new stash, I'm so jealous, hehe.

Ruth said...

An LHN-holic, eh. Sounds like that's a very contagious virus... oops I think I have it too! lol Hope there's no meds for it soon.

Stitchingranny said...

Lots of lovely stitching and stash there - and how can anyone get sick of looking at stash.

Regarding the star detailor - I found mine really fiddley to use at first but once you get the knack of using them then you will wonder how you managed without one. You can hook in ends that are far too tiny to ever go through a needle but it may take a little perseverence at first.

Dani - tkdchick said...

The fair and squares you stitched are just lovely!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Veronica. Thanks for mentioning A Charming Place on your blog. Please e-mail me at sales@acharmingplace.com so I can send you a $10 gift certificate. Thanks. Hayley.

sugardoll said...

Cute kitty RR's my!!!

I hate looking at your blog. Too many nice stuff!!! I need to go hide under the bed!!! Those fabbies are gorgeous!!! ahhhhhhh!!!