Followers

09 May 2008

Remember...

... This little fella?
He's not lonely anymore. I stitched him a companion:
Hmm... he doesn't look too happy about it though, does he? The newcomer seems to be chatting nonstop, wearing his ears out.
I think I'm gonna put this piece away again, for now. I find it's more of a distraction piece for me, something I'd work on when I can't make up my mind on what to stitch. Chiloe, to answer your question on what's next, honestly, I have no idea. LOL! Maybe it's only because I'm exhausted after a long day at work but I just can't find the motivation to pick up my needle. I really should work on 'Lazy Afternoon' especially since my friend has already moved into her new place but so many other wonderful and yummy designs are calling out to me.
Last week, I received the fat half of Silkweaver's Abracadabra Cashel linen that I ordered.
It's more purple than the pink I expected but I'm still rather please with it. I plan to stitch both Passione Ricamo's Meditteraneo and Just Nan's Queen of the Needle on it. Thus the fat half that I bought.
I'm still impatiently waiting for my package from Stitching Bits and Bobs to arrive. I finally received an email two days ago informing me that my package has been shipped. It's been about three weeks wait so far because unfortunately, some of the Mill Hill items that I ordered were out of stock.
In the meantime, after the DMC news, I decided that it was high time that I kitted up some of my to-be-stitched designs, just in case. I also decided that I really should make a list of my stash in their various kitted up stage in order for me to better keep track. So... (draws in deep breath) here goes nothing:
  • Angel of Grace by Lavender & Lace - awaiting arrival of fabric
  • Angelica by Lavender & Lace - ready to go
  • Firedance by Enchanting Lair - ready to go
  • Garden Verses by Mirabilia - ready to go
  • Mediterrano by Passione Ricamo - ready to go
  • Mermaids of the Deep Blue by Mirabilia - awaiting arrival Mill Hill beads and treasures/need fabric
  • Queen of the Needle by Just Nan - awaiting arrival of chart, embellishment pack and silk floss
  • Spring Ride by Lanarte - need fabric
Now you know why I'm in a dilemma as to what to stitch? I'm struggling between "doing what's right" by working on my WIPs and all the tempting projects just waiting for my attention. In the end, I get nothing done. Sigh!
Anyway, I won't bore you further with my indecisions. I'll leave you with a couple pictures of the floss toss I did.
Floss Toss for Garden Verses by Mirabilia on Silkweaver Wandering Ivy Reflections 32 count Jazlyn.
Aren't the colours yummy?
Floss Toss for Firedance by Enchanting Lair on Sugar Maple Fabrics Shimmering Jelly Bean 28 count Lugana.
Thank you for bearing with me. Take care, everyone.

10 comments:

Aw said...

Veronica
I think I have such dilemma too,...want to do so many, yet so little time we have. I heard the news of DMC too....no worry....I think we are mad people, no DMC, we will find all sort of threads, LOL. BTW, love your floss toss, I am quite a lazy stitcher, normally I just piok up as per color chart or just pick whatever similar threads (overdyed) in hand...

Mylene said...

The birdies are so cute!

Marie said...

congratulations for your blog and your works ! i love those little birds...
i can see that you like the silkweaver fabrics.. i like them too and am now stitching a Lanarte on the Everglade fabric...the result is really nice !
i will come back to visit you :-))

Sally said...

Oh I love those birds! They are so cute!

Carol R said...

What sweet little birds!

Elizabeth Braun said...

I think they're really sweet!

Floss toss. I'm assuming that means trying out floss against both fabric and the other colours in the 'set'??

Wendy said...

I love your little birds! Beautiful fabrics in your floss toss. Good luck with the new starts.

Concetta said...

Those birdies are SO cute! I think they're my favourites from that series. You have so many stitching plans (and beautiful fabric choices)... makes me want to take out all my fabric and plan a little too. :-)

Yvonne said...

Very lovely birds. Love your Shimmering Jelly Bean too. Will put this in my Wanted List. I ordered from SB&B once. After 2 weeks of waiting, I sent them an email asking whether it had been shipped. They replied they will the following day. 1 day later, they said I am missing 1 number in my cc info. I cancelled the order and ordered somewhere else. That was the last time I dealed with them.

Yvonne (Denmark)

Cindy said...

I love those birdies too. I have stitched the Trios...BUT...still waiting for the backstitch to be done...it become my UFO now :(