Followers

20 May 2008

My First LHN

Last Friday, the mailman brought another package to my house. This time, it's five thread packs from Little House Needleworks' Coffee and Tea Series that I won on Ebay.

I'm pretty sure everyone has seen them around by now. When I first saw them, I didn't take much notice but these designs just sort of grow on you don't they? I couldn't wait to get started on them. I decided to stitch the Coffee Series first as I'm still missing the Herbal Tea thread pack (which by the way I've ordered from Mary Kathryn's ONS eHandcrafs). I chose Cappuccino for it's the first design in the Coffee Series.

The thread pack contains Crescent Colours Belle Soie silks. This is the first time I'm stitching with these. I love the subtle variegated colours. In my opinion, the effect of it is pretty stunning when stitched. What I didn't like, however, is that every few stitches, the silk keeps getting tangled up. Is it just me or is everyone else facing this problem? It gets pretty frustrating after a while. Luckily, the smooth texture of the silk makes untangling it easier. Had it been cotton... Gosh, I don't want to imagine how that would end up.
Anyway, this past weekend was a long one. Monday was Wesak Day - a Buddhist celebration. I was supposed to meet up with my SO (Significant Other). It's been more than a year since we last saw each other. He's with the US Navy now based in Japan and like last year, the ship he's attached to was gonna stop by Malaysia during the weekend. We were so looking forward to it. Then he found out, just last week, that unlike last year, his ship wasn't stopping by Port Klang which is near to where I live. Instead, they stopped at Kota Kinabalu which is at East Malaysia. I'm in Peninsular Malaysia aka West Malaysia. East and West - separated by South China Sea. Talk about a huge disappointment.
So... I immersed myself in my stitching. I'm sure you all can relate, there's no therapy like stitching. And this is the result:

Design: Cappuccino
Designer: Little House Needleworks
Fabric: Zweigart's Vintage Country Mocha (Marbled) 32 count Belfast linen
Fibers: Crescent Colours Belle Soie
I'll be stitching all of them on separate pieces of fabric. I think they'll look nicer framed individually. That also gives me the added advantage of being able to rearrange them on a whim. Now that I've stitched one, there's no going back. LHN designs are addictive...

13 comments:

Erin said...

Very nice!! I've had my eye on the "Iced Tea" and "Spiced Tea" patterns - my mom loves tea, and I've thought about doing them for her - but have resisted the urge to buy them so far..... (ok, so I like the Iced Tea one for ME... LOL)

Concetta said...

Beautiful finish! Great minds (re the fabric we're both using the coffee series... ;-) ), I just love it for the LHN designs. I agree that the Belle Soie silks can tangle and it's annoying, but it's worth it because they're lovely to stitch with. : )

Milly~ said...

Nice work Veronica.

Chiloe said...

Very nice Veronica !!! I'm glag you you got back your stitching mojo and are blogging regularly to show us your marvels ;)

sugardoll said...

Cool more stash!!! Can i say you are a cross stitch addict? LOL

They are all cute!

I only wish we have more time to stash. hehe

Cindy said...

Wow...adding more beautiful charts to your stash..cool!

servane1966 said...

Oh it's so lovely !!!

bravo

kiss

Wendy said...

I love LHN designs. They are fun and quick finishes. I haven't used the Belle soie though, sorry to hear that it tangles so easily. Your first coffee finish is great! I love the fabric you are using for it.

Michele said...

lovely! I have it in my stash .. I gotta start it soon!!!

I haven't had too much trouble with the silks getting tangled.

stitcherw said...

Wonderful new stash, you'll have enough to keep busy for a while. Cappuccino looks wonderful. You're so right on these designs, they are addictive. I love the colors and the straightforward stitching (no blends and such), they make for a fun relaxing stitch.
Sue

Lisa V said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Veronica, I love your blog too and will definately link to it from my page. I too am a mad keen LHN fan and just ordered the new thread series "Little Women" through Mary Kathryn. Cant wait for them to start arriving.

Carol R said...

Great stash buy from Ebay!

Sally said...

Lovely new stash and a lovely finish too. I love the fabric you've used.